Oatmeal Almond Protein Balls
(Adapted from Nutritional Weight and Wellness)
· 2 cups old fashion gluten-free oats
· 6-7 scoops natural or vanilla flavor protein powder (recommend Orgain Organic or other clean/non-dairy brand)
· 3 Tbsp chopped raw almonds
· ¼ c dried unsweetened fruit of your choice, chopped
· ½ c plus 2 Tb unsweetened almond/nut milk
· ¼ c almond butter (unsweetened)
· 1 Tb maple syrup or honey
· 2 Tbsp chia seeds
· 1 tsp vanilla extract
· 1 tsp cinnamon
· Pinch of sea salt
· ½ c shredded unsweetened coconut
· Mix all ingredients except coconut in a bowl.
· Refrigerate for 15-30 mins or so.
· Form mixture into 20 small balls using hands or cookie scoop.
· Dip each ball into bowl of shredded coconut to coat.
· Return balls to refrigerator to set.
· Should keep in airtight container in fridge for over a week.
Check dried fruit ingredients as many will have added sugar. Use 100% dark maple syrup and high quality honey (raw, organic and/or local if possible)