- 2 cans of white kidney or cannelllini beans
- 3/4 cup of strawberries (chopped)
- 3/4 cup of blueberries
- 3/4 cup of jicama (chopped)
- 1/2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 jalapeño, chopped
- cilantro for garnish
Optional: crumbled goat cheese
- 1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1/4 cup white balsamic vinegar (rice wine vinegar is good too)
- 1-2 tsp dark maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp chopped cilantro
- salt & pepper to taste
Combine all ingredients in a medium bowl. Drizzle desired amount of dressing over salad about an hour or so before serving to allow the flavors to soak into the beans.
If you don't have jicama you can substitute cucumbers. You won't need all of the dressing for this salad. Pour desired amount on this dish and save the rest for a salad on another day!
Did you know that jicama is an excellent source of fiber and vitamin C plus it has a low glycemic index?