· 2 cups of arugula (or dark leafy green of choice)
· ¼ cup or roasted tomatoes (or grape tomatoes sliced in half)
· Handful of shredded carrots,
· Roasted red pepper, chopped
· 1/4-1/2 cup of cooked millet or quinoa
· Scoop of hummus
· Handful of sprouts (broccoli, sunflower, bean etc)
· 1/2 c. cooked garbanzo beans
· pickled or raw red onions
· 2 Tbsp hemp seeds
· 1 Tbsp raw or sprouted sunflower seeds (pumpkin are good too)
· 1/4 avocado, chopped
· 1-2 Tbsp of your favorite dressing (I love Salad Girl and Tessemae’s if not using homemade)
· Sea salt & pepper to taste
· Chop all ingredients and combine with your greens Add dressing and toss to combine. Sprinkle with fresh ground pepper (a must)!
There are no “rules” to making this salad. Let your fridge and your creativity inspire you to make your own protein packed plant based salad.