- 2 cups nuts (roughly chopped) I used 1 cup slivered almond, 1/2 c pecans and 1/2 walnuts
- 3/4 cup raw sunflower seeds
- 1 cup unsweetened coconut chips
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 3 Tbsp coconut oil
- Preheat the oven to 250 degrees. Cover a rectangular baking sheet with parchment paper or silpat.
- Mix the nuts, coconut, seeds and spices together in a large mixing bowl.
- Warm the coconut oil and honey together in microwave for about 20-30 seconds until coconut oil is melted and combined. You can also use liquid coconut oil but still need to heat to combine with honey. Alternatively, you can melt ingredients in saucepan on the stove (low heat).
- When the coconut oil melts stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Pour the warm liquids over the dry ingredients and stir together with a rubber spatula until nuts/seeds are fully coated with the honey mixture.
- Spread mixture onto prepared pan in one even layer and bake for 65-75 minutes. Keep on eye on the granola during the last 10 minutes of baking so to not burn.
- Remove from oven and let cool on pan before breaking into small pieces (to snack on) or crumble it up for granola consistency.
- Store in air tight container at room temperature for up to 2 weeks.
Warning: This recipe makes a lot of granola and is known to be addicting for some people.
My favorite way to eat this is in yogurt (full fat plain Greek or almond milk) with berries, as an on the go snack and for a post dinner sweet treat in small bowl with almond milk.