- 1 cup brown rice
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp garlic chili paste
- 6 stalks green onion, chopped
- 4 garlic gloves, minced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Tbsp coconut aminos
- 1 cup fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 tsp sea salt (or more to taste)
- 2 cups fresh spinach, chopped
- Cook rice according to package instructions and set aside.
- While the rice cooks, place a wok over high heat. Add the coconut oil, green onion, chili paste and garlic. Saute for 1 to 2 minutes, or until onions are softened. Add the ground turkey and bell pepper and saute for about 5 minutes, breaking the meat up into small pieces as it cooks. Add the honey and coconut aminos and saute for another minute, or until turkey is completely cooked through. Add the basil and spinach. Saute until wilted and turn off the heat. Cover with a lid to keep warm.
- Divide up rice between plates and top with the basil turkey/veggie mixture. Top with additional garlic chili sauce, if desired and enjoy!
- Low carb? Use cauliflower rice
- My time saving techniques: cook rice in advance (ideally for multiple meals), chop veggies in advance and store in air tight containers or prep bowls in fridge, use garlic powder or pre-purchased minced garlic.
- This meal makes an excellent leftover; store in air tight container in fridge.
- Vegetarian? Use chickpeas or cooked lentils in place of the meat.