- 4 ozs Dark Organic Chocolate (at least 75% cacao, chopped)
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- 1 cup nuts (i used a mix of raw walnuts, macadamia and almonds)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tsp sea salt (mix into chocolate and/or add on top of nut clusters)
- Microwave dark chocolate and the coconut oil in a large glass bowl at 50% power for 30 seconds at a time until melted. Stir well to combine.
- Meanwhile, line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Add nuts to the melted chocolate and stir to combine. Use a spoon to drop small, even clusters (containing about 4 to 5 nuts each) onto the parchment paper. The number of clusters you make should be equal to your serving size.
- Sprinkle coconut (or sea salt flakes) overtop of each cluster immediately. Transfer to the freezer until the clusters are set, about 15 minutes.
- Remove from the freezer and enjoy!
- Mix up the flavor and add 2-3 drops of a pure ingestible essential oil like doTerra. I love wild orange and peppermint.
- Paleo or avoiding refined sugar? Use 100% cacao dark chocolate and add honey or maple syrup to achieve desired sweetness, starting with 1-2 teaspoons.