Roasted Mushrooms with Onions and Chickpeas
5 cups Mushrooms (halved)
2 1/2 tbsp Balsamic Vinegar
1 1/2 tbsp Coconut Aminos
2 Garlic (cloves, minced)
1/2-3/4 cup Sweet Onion (sliced and chopped (into similar size pieces as mushrooms))
3/4 cup Chickpeas (rinsed and drained (can cook an entire can if desired))
1 tsp Sea Salt & Black Pepper (to taste)
1 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1. Cook quinoa according to directions on the package and set aside.
2. In a bowl or plastic ziplock bag, combine 1/3 of the olive oil along with all of the maple syrup, dijon and coconut aminos. Add the chicken (pound it out if the breasts are thick to cook more evenly) and coat in the marinade. Allow the chicken to marinate for at least 15 minutes or up to several hours to absorb the flavors.
3. In a mixing bowl, toss zucchini and bell pepper in 1/3 of the olive oil and season with salt, pepper and garlic powder (optional).
4. Light the grill and set to medium high heat. Put the chicken breasts and corn on the cob on the grill and cook for 5-6 minutes. I like to spray the corn with olive oil and season with salt & pepper but this is optional. After 5-6 minutes flip the chicken, rotate the corn and add the zucchini and peppers and cook for another 5 minutes. Check the vegetables so that they don't get over cooked. I like them to be al dente and not mushy.
5. Let the chicken stand for a minute before cutting into pieces. Serve the quinoa on the side or toss with chopped zucchini and peppers. Enjoy!
Leftovers Keeps well in the fridge for 3 to 4 days in an airtight container.
No chickpeas? This dish would be great without the onions or chickpeas too.